-the act of stumbling upon something wonderful without searching for it-
Striped & hooded top: TJ Maxx | Neon orange bandeau: TJ Maxx | Chambray shorts: Forever 21 | Slides: Sanuk
Location: Fort Macon beach, North Carolina.
Everything about this post revolves around my favorite word-serendipity. We didn't plan on going to this beach and I didn't even know these pictures existed up until a few days ago. And I gotta say, my mom is quite the photographer. She has a very natural talent for capturing moments, she always has a camera by her side. So, with these pictures and in the spirit of summer, I'm going to tell you my tips when it comes to the beach. And I'm really good at making lists, so:
1. Always wear sunscreen, especially on your face. My particular favorite is Supergoop!. It is a light sunscreen and has a nice scent to it.
2. Don't pile on the make up! Really, there is no point to it. If anything I will wear waterproof mascara, but I think the beach is a perfect place to be your natural self.
3. Go for comfort. My problem whenever I go shopping is I think in a mindset of "This would be perfect for the beach!" And I've gotten a lot of nice clothes that way, but it limits me. My favorite go-to outfit for the beach is wearing my bathing suit, a loose tank top over top, comfy shorts like shown above, a super light sweater overtop, and flip flops or slides. I also Love rompers. Forever 21 has a lot of great patterned ones.
4. Stay hydrated. My recipe for success is a little bit of Gatorade and a lot of water. Water is mandatory and does the best work for your body, however, sometimes you need to replenish more, faster. THat's where Gatorade comes in.
5. Splurge! You're at the beach and you've had ice cream on your mind allllll day. I don't blame you! But before you dive into a bowl of triple chocolate heaven, think about what you body needs more. Have some chilled watermelon, go for a fruity sorbet instead of the dairy, or have a fresh popsicle.
Enjoy your summer lovelies!