1. What is your favorite trait about yourself? My ambition, definitely. I'm almost too ambitious but I think that's a great thing. There's always something I think up or want to go after, and it's almost always completely ridiculous. One year I wanted to be a dolphin trainer, the next a flight attendant, then a novelist. I like to keep myself on my toes.
2. When did you start your blog and what inspired you to start blogging? I started Palm Trees and Taxis August 15, 2014 because I was bored and it was the end of summer. Haha no, just kidding, I started the blog because I wanted to document my fashion evolution! I have a very unique style, I don't follow trends very much, I just wear what makes me feel good, and people like that! So with that I created my own piece of the internet.
3. How did you chose your niche for your blog? Very easily ;) Reread Q&A #2.
4. What inspired the name of your blog? GREAT QUESTION, I'm glad you asked. I actually poured over the name of the blog for days if not weeks. The name is what truly hindered the creation of the blog. I must have came up with over 40 names before finally settling on Palm Trees and Taxis. I honestly didn't even know how to name a blog. I googled other blog names, even had the computer generate one for me, everything. Then I started noticing a trend, a lot of blog names were a combination of two things that blogger loves. Lets say for example, coffee and cardigans. (I made that up.) Also, a lot of blogs are named something mundane. Like one of my favorite blogs, A Bent Piece of Wire. So I combined the two and took a mundane item from the two places I loved: the city and the beach. Thus, Palm Trees and Taxis was born!
5. Where do you see yourself in the next year? I have absolutely no clue. I hope to be at a different college, modeling, and traveling more than I am now. I'd be happy with that.
6. If you could choose any place in the world to be right this moment, where would you go? That's tough. I'm going to be cliché and say probably France or Italy, I've been in love with the Parisian look lately. And it's absolutely gorgeous there!
7. Describe an ideal day. Like, typical day? That seems pretty dull. How about a perfect day? I'm thinking a trip to DC for a day in the fall, pick up a pumpkin spice latte, walk the city a bit, have lunch at the Jefferson memorial, and maybe spend some time in the Smithsonian.
8. What is your go-to jam right now (music or fruit-spread, this question is up for interpretation)? Haha well I've been trying to get into the fall spirit lately so I love listening to Hozier and BANKS. And apple butter, if you don't know what that is... shame.
9. What's one book everyone should read and why? I am no person to take book recommendations from considering I can never finish one. But! There is one book I absolutely loved just because it was ridiculously hilarious and eerily similar to my childhood. It is definitely not for everybody though. Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.
10. What tips would you give to a new blogger? Stay committed. Blogging first starting out is actually pretty lonely and stressful. You think why aren't more people following me, looking at my new post, liking my pictures... But then something awesome will happen and you'll be assured that all that hard work is worth it. You just have to connect with other bloggers, initiate, and reach out.
11. What's one trend from the past you'd like to see make a comeback? This actually took me the longest to think of. I really want that head scarf and sunglasses combo from the 50s to come back around. Mainly because I have a convertible...
Now for my nominations!
1. Annabel at Frankies and George
2. Adaora at L' Artiste
3. Darrian at Oh Shift Y'all
4. Kiran at KiranAlix
5. Ellie at Miss Backwards
6. Brittany at BrittanyFenton
7. Lindsay at Mute Style
8. Oline at OlineZabell
9. Khanh at Sweet and Petite
10. Kristen at Elizabeth Marie and Me
11. Sydney ay Uniquely Sydney
Instructions for Nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions I will provide below.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog that nominated you (me!) with a thank you and a shoutout.
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Select, list, and link to 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with these instructions and give them an additional 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so they know what to do.
- When you're all finished, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can read your answers!
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. How did you name your blog?
3. What is your go to clothing staple right now?
4. How would you describe your style?
5. Do you have any advice for beginner bloggers?
6. What's your dream job?
7. Where is your all time favorite place to travel?
8. What song are you listening to on repeat right now?
9. What is one outfit or piece of clothing you own that embarrasses you?
10. What store do you go to without fail every time you go shopping?
11. What is one trend you wish would stop immediately?
Cant wait to see your answers! Have fun!